Welcome to Houston!
The BSM wants to welcome you and be a help to you as you adjust to your new life as a student in Houston. We have a variety of activities just for you, and let us know how we can help you! We would love to get to know you and be a friend to you while you’re in Houston!
– Free Lunch – Tuesdays, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. BSM Building, Veg options available (Begins Jan. 17)
– English Club – Learn about American culture and explore American English through conversation partners and activities. Meet in Room 111 in the AD Bruce Religion Center
- Wednesdays, 10-11:30 a.m. (Begins Jan. 18)
- Thursdays, 1-2:30 p.m. (Begins Jan. 19)
– BSM/Bridges Hangout – Wednesdays, 7 to 9 p.m., BSM Building. Enjoy a free dinner (vegetarian option provided), meet friends from around the world and learn fun American activities. (Begins Jan. 18)
– Discovery Group – Interested in explore the story of the Bible? Join one of our Discovery Groups where we look at the stories of the Bible and discuss them in groups of about 5 people. Email email@example.com for the current group times.
– Grocery shopping – We know it’s hard to go grocery shopping when you have to take the bus. Email us a few days in advance and we’ll arrange a time to drive you to the store. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Chinese Baptist Church Student Fellowship – Each Sunday afternoon, international students gather at Chinese Baptist Church from 3 to 7 p.m. for fellowship, games, sports and dinner. If you would like a ride to the event, email email@example.com. If you would like to travel to the location on your own, you can meet 900 Brogden Rd, Houston, Texas, 77024.
– Monthly Guys’ Night – Join garrett and James as they explore Houston and enjoy a Guys’ Night once a month. It will be once a month on a Tuesday night.
– Monthly Girls’ Night – Join Hannah as she hosts a time for just girls to enjoy henna, movies, shopping and other girly things. Interested? Emailuhbsminternationals@gmail.com for more info. Once a month.
– Spring Break Trip – March 11-15. Join the BSM International students as they spend five days away from the city in Arkansas and East Texas. We’ll have adventures hiking, playing games, exploring, shopping, riding horses and more! Cost: appox. $300 (this includes most of your meals, transportation, lodging and activities). Sign up: https://docs.google.com/ by Feb. 27.
To sign up for international student email updates, click here – https://mhub.cc/s/16415?nologin=true.
If you have questions, contact Kaitlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-741-0967.