Welcome to Houston!
The BSM wants to welcome you and be a help to you as you adjust to your new life as a student in Houston. We have a variety of activities just for you, and let us know how we can help you! We would love to get to know you and be a friend to you while you’re in Houston!
- Free Lunch – Tuesdays, 11 am – 2 pm in the BSM Building, Vegetarian options available.
- English Club – Learn about American culture and explore American English through conversation partners and activities. Center.
- Wednesdays, 10 – 11:30 am Room 111 @ AD Bruce Religion Center
- Thursdays, 1 – 2:30 pm @ the BSM Building
- BSM/Bridges Hangout – Wednesdays, 7 – 9 pm, BSM Building. Enjoy a free dinner (vegetarian option provided), meet friends from around the world and learn fun American activities.
- Grocery Shopping – We know it’s hard to go grocery shopping when you have to take the bus. Email us a few days in advance and we’ll arrange a time to drive you to the store. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chinese Baptist Church Student Fellowship – Each Sunday afternoon, international students gather at Chinese Baptist Church from 3 – 7 pm for fellowship, games, sports and dinner. If you would like a ride to the event, email email@example.com. If you would like to travel to the location on your own, you can meet 900 Brogden Rd, Houston, Texas, 77024.
Special Events:International Student Trips:
International Students are invited to join us as we explore South Louisiana. Tour the Tabasco factory at Avery Island, view how life was lived a hundred years ago, eat amazing food, and tour New Orleans, Baton Rouge and the Swamps.
Sign up: Google Doc
Join the BSM International students as they spend six days in New York city. We’ll have adventures exploring the sites or the city and spend a few days serving with American students and internationals from other schools in TX.
Cost: approximately $900 (this includes your meals, transportation, lodging and activities).
Sign up Here by Dec.15.